All our Extensions are inspected by local building control authority
Gloucestershire Building Control Partnership (GBCP) has been established to provide Local Authority Building Control services on behalf of Stroud District Council and Gloucester City Council.
Building regulations are minimum standards of health and safety that apply to most types of buildings and structures across England and Wales.
The Building Control team work to ensure the delivery of safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable buildings for current and future generations across the Stroud and Gloucester District.
Our Building Control Service has the following benefits:
- Providing pre-application advice on all building projects
- Providing a choice of application methods – full plans or building notice
- Carry out a programme of targeted site inspections to assess building work on site
- The option to submit applications by email and pay by debit/credit card
- View the progress of your building control application on-line
- Correspond by letter or email if preferred.
In addition to the above building regulation services, we ensure:
- Dangerous and dilapidated buildings are made safe
- The Demolition of buildings and structures is carried out as safely as possible
The Building Regulations stipulates key stages in any building project where the Partnership should be notified. These are called statutory notifications. In addition we request notification at floor level and roof structure.
Commencement of work – at least two clear working day’s notice
- Foundation excavation – at least one clear working day’s notice
- Foundation concrete – at least one clear working day’s notice
- Oversite preparation, – before laying concrete or floor units – at least one clear working day’s notice
- Damp proof course – at least one clear working day’s notice
- Foul and surface water drains before covering – at least one clear working day’s notice
- Drains after covering notice – within five days
- Occupation – notice five days before occupation
- Completion of work – notice within five days
- Floor structure (non statutory)
- Roof structure (non statutory)
We will inform you when we acknowledge receipt of your application of the stages we wish to be notified. Where notification is received before 10:00a.m (weekdays) and an inspection is required it is our aim to carry out a site inspection on the same day the request has been made. We will schedule inspections and inform you of an approximate time by 11:00am.
Completion inspections are booked on the next available day. You will be informed of the time of the inspection on the day of the appointment.
When your work is finished and a satisfactory final inspection has been carried out we will issue you with a completion certificate. These certificates are valuable evidence to show that the work has been checked for compliance with the Building Regulations. A completion certificate will be needed when selling your property or when raising finance so make sure you ask for a final inspection and get a completion certificate.
For more details about building regulations click here